Monday, October 5, 2009

SBBMV!


In case you are wondering what SBBMV means, it is Super Bowl Bound Minnesota Vikings!

OK, so I got a little carried away, but after last week's last second victory, and tonight's win over the Cheeseheads, I can gloat a little bit about OMF (Old Man Favre). I knew that if he stayed healthy the Vikings would probably have a shot (I realize there is a long way to go), but what I am really enjoying is the excitement of watching the games. It is fun to watch the Vikes (sorry Redskins fans), and I sure hope it goes on a bit longer, say mid-February:) Also, I hope the Twins beat Detroit tomorrow. It would be great to watch them in the post season. And, yes, it has been great to have DirecTV and NFL Sunday ticket as well as the baseball channels.

I hate to admit it but we are actually scheduling around the games. Remember, until daylight savings Nov. 1, Arizona is actually on Pacific time. So, a noon game in MN is on at 10 am here. Last week we went to church on Saturday evening so I would not miss the game. This week the game was on MNF, so we went to a contemporary service at 10:45 am on Sunday. Next week we will go to 9:15 on Sunday and get home ASAP!

Well, we have now been in Tucson for a bit over two weeks. The time has certainly flown. We are continuing to peck away at boxes and things are getting settled. Our big news is that we will soon have a new kitchen. Hopefully all the appliances will be installed within the next two weeks, and cabinets and counter tops (along with new floor tile) probably in 2-3 months or so. We knew before hand that a kitchen makeover was in the cards, and after the microwave died last week we decided it was time. The stove and refrig work OK, but I don't feel like tempting the dish washer. Now that Martha has seen "Julie and Julia" (twice), I am hoping for big things as far as new and and exciting meals:)

The great news is that the weather is starting to cool down here, with lows in the upper 50s and highs in the mid 80s. Golf has still alluded me, but I hope to correct that soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment