Monday, October 26, 2009

Week 5 and more

Well, my SBBMV had a stumble yesterday in Pittsburgh. It was a good game, not great, with mistakes and big plays on both sides. But, the Vikings could have won. In fact Favre outplayed Roethlisberger, and if the steady usually sure handed Chester Taylor catches Favre’s pass the Vikes would probably be 7-0 now. Now it’s on to Green Bay (and the Pack looked good against the lowly Browns) and then a bye week. Hopefully the Vikes will be 7-1 at the break.

Here in Tucson the weather has been perfect, with lows around 50 and highs in the low to mid 80s. My plan is to golf once a week until the house is more settled. I have played two municipal courses now, and both were fun and easy to walk. My next tee time is Wed. on another muni (El Rio) which I have heard is easy to walk. It too was a PGA Tour stop in the 1930s as the Tucson Open.

We have noticed that the snow birds have started to arrive. There are lots more RVs on the road now. In fact a neighbor couple two doors down live in Canada, but winter here from mid-October to late April or early May. I’m pretty sure they are Americans living and working in Canada but they need to reside in the US for six months of the year for Social Security purposes. They have been our "neighbors" for 16 years.

I have started to clean up some of the front yard. We had a few dead plants and small trees that needed to be removed, and it took me a few days to get that done. I plan on contacting a landscape guy to help us plant a plant or two in the front, and give us some ideas about phasing in some serious repair to the back yard. I would like to have a 2-3 year plan that I can work on gradually. I have always liked yard work, and working with my hands. I like seeing something accomplished for my efforts, breaking a little sweat, getting my hands dirty and a “good” soreness to my muscles.

For all of you Halloween fans, we understand that Tucson goes gaga for the event. We have seen many impromptu set ups for pumpkins and costumes in parking lots. In VA some years no kids came to our door. We'll see how many come this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment