Wednesday, October 21, 2009

I'm a lean, mean fighting machine.....(martha)

Yes, I’ve become a jock…… (NOT)…but I’ll bet you’re reading this post! Last week, I joined a fitness center/gym. “So, what is new about that?” (You may wonder.)

First of all, I am actually going! Secondly, I am attending a Pilates class at 9 am every Monday-Wednesday-Friday. Next, I signed up for a personal training session (targeted for strength training). What was I thinking?! Monday night, I soaked in a hot bath for 40 minutes. That was the best part of my day.

Yesterday, I visited with the Director of Volunteers at Interfaith Community Services (ICS) serving Pima County. This county covers Tucson, Oro Valley (northern suburb where we live,) and Marana. It was so much fun to talk to her; we did finally get to business. On November 10, I am registered to attend their orientation session. She is thrilled to “nab” me before any other non-profits have a chance.

Backing up, twice/week (sometimes more,) we take my cousin, Jim, to Physical Therapy for his right foot. He had surgery 11 weeks ago and he has been wheel chair bound since then. Three weeks ago, he started PT to bear weight on that foot (25 % so far). Each PT session takes about three hours (with travel time). Sometimes it is longer if he also gets time in the pool before exercising on land. So, that fulfills my desire to serve others even before the house is totally unpacked or settled.

Whoops, it is time to get ready for my class! Bye for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment