Monday, September 28, 2009

Are we having fun yet?...................(martha)

After washing copious loads of wash upon our arrival and again Monday morning, our hot water heater died. (It is almost 16 years old, but could it last just a few weeks longer!!) Tuesday afternoon, we bought a hot water heater. That was the good news. Now, for the bad news.

The plumber (who came to install it the very next day,) could NOT do it. Although the 50 gallon capacity was the same size as our old one, the NEW one was taller. Sigh. Those few extra inches meant it could not be installed in the space we had. Another one (called a 50 gallon short,) was back ordered and will be delivered this coming Wednesday.

On Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, I took very quick COLD (okay, they were cool not cold,) showers. Jeff did not mind as much as me. Thursday, I could not face another cold shampoo, so I skipped washing my hair. Besides, my first cousin, Anita, invited us over for dinner on Friday night (so I could shower before dinner).

Then a miracle happened. Thursday morning (after my COLD shower,) Jeff jumped in the shower. Ten minutes later, he walked into the room with the towel wrapped around his waist and droplets of water still glistening on his chest.

"It's baaaaaaaaack" he said.
"What's back?" I asked.
" The hot water! " he explained. "In fact, it was so scalding hot that I had to turn it down."

Yes, you guessed it. I took another shower and shampooed my hair this time. Go figure.

Now, let me tell you about last night, (way past supper time). Jeff suggested a couple microwave pizzas (frozen entree's from WW) and that sounded good (read easy) to me! Something I could handle while he watched football. I put the first one in the microwave and read that it would be done in 2 minutes 30 seconds. That was great (because I was STARVING and because I hate to cook). The microwave stopped (after 2 seconds). It just died completely. Grrrr.....

70 minutes later, we sat down to eat pasta and marinara sauce (courtesy of Costco). It was already made (so I should be grateful,) but I still had to boil the water and cook it on the stove.

That meant unpacking the pots/pans, finding potholders, etc. etc. The cook top on the stove is NOT right!! That is too loooooooong a story to explain. Are we having fun, yet? Martha is not (in the ill equipped kitchen that does not work correctly). Cooking is my least favorite task (so why bother?!) Grrr.

No comments:

Post a Comment