Friday, October 30, 2009

T.G.I.F......even for me!........................(martha)

There is a rhythm to our days. They pass quietly but seem full. When evening arrives, I am often surprised that the time has passed so quickly. The days do not drag and the slower pace makes me contented. It is nice not to be rushed. I can read a magazine when it comes in the mail. Often, I set it aside for reading in the late evenings. Mentally, I still feel like I am working from 9 – 5. However, my “work” is now household chores, errands or other planned classes/activities during that time. When 5:30 rolls around, I stop! Maybe that will change over time but this works for me now.

On Wednesday, it turned cooler. The highest it reached was 59 in the afternoon which is typically January weather (per long time residents). Since Jeff wore shorts for golfing, the person he was paired with glanced at his attire and asked, “Are you a snowbird?” He was surprised to learn that Jeff lived here………then Jeff explained we moved here recently. 'Give it time and soon you will think this is cold too' he remarked. Frost warnings were announced for the past two nights. However, by Sun., it will again reach the 80’s.

Jeff and I (at least from my perspective,) are not getting on each others’ nerves. It is not too much togetherness. We meet in the morning for our daily prayer time and then go our separate ways until the evening. Five mornings a week I leave the house around 8:30. This helps start my day. Alas my calendar reminder just popped up. My lunch break is over and cleaning the toilets and scrubbing the shower beckons. Care to switch places this afternoon?

No comments:

Post a Comment