Sunday, August 23, 2009

Get Set....(martha)

We sold our home in July; our furniture, household goods and (my) car were shipped to AZ on July 30. While waiting to depart, we moved to the home of Mike and Gayle Andrews in McLean, VA. They are long-time friends (we all met as newlyweds in 1980). After nearly four weeks, we are still talking and remain the best of friends! In fact, they hosted a lovely farewell dinner at the Washington Golf and Country Club with Jeff's golfing partners and their wives. (Mike is one of Jeff's partners.) We wives count ourselves lucky we don't have to waste, oops, I mean "spend" time on the course with them. Besides, after my drive, I pick up my ball and walk until I can throw it on the green. My goal is avoiding a spot on their foursome. Whew, I have succeeded. We have been eating our way through our goodbyes in the last few weeks. Two more days of work. Two more "last suppers" and then we hit the road on Wednesday morning to begin driving. First stop is Ohio (rock and roll Hall of Fame.) The clothes barely fit and the jeans are snug, so we better leave soon! Yet, it is hard to leave behind our church, the other things we love and the deep friendships we have made.

3 comments:

  1. Martha & Jeff!
    Bon voyage on your great journey out west. And what a way to start off the trip by visiting Cleveland's Rock n Roll Hall of Fame! You'll be visiting Brad and I's old stomping grounds. :) Well, we will certainly miss you and wish you all the best as you venture away...I say this as I wipe away the tears. :)
    God blessings on you both!
    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Martha..so grateful I had a quick word with you on Tuesday. I will look forward to postings on this site; will expect updates on the jeans!
    Praying for travelling mercies and the Lord's continued blessings for you all,
    Love, Mary Leigh

    ReplyDelete
  3. blessing and joy in this new adventure. got your note when in Singapore so didnt have chance to connect before you hit the road. Glad you are keeping a journal, it is the 40th anniv of woodstock so appropriate you do a road trip!!!
    Francis

    ReplyDelete