Saturday, September 11, 2010

My hero....(martha)

Jeff saved me last night. He killed a scorpion INSIDE the house. Yikes!


"Why are you calling me?" he asked.

"Well," I hurriedly replied, "you have bigger shoes! Besides, I have open-toed sandals. What if I miss (trying to step on him?) He might sting me!"

Naturally Jeff stepped up to the plate (pun intended). He squished it. Then Jeff cleaned up the critter. (He always cleans up his messes.) What a guy!

The surprise for us is that this happened in Texas. We had been expecting our first 'up close and personal encounter' to take place in Arizona. Of course, our hosts had warned us about the nightlife in Texas. Not sure we imagined this.

As I said, Jeff is my hero.

2 comments:

  1. Wow! What a great up close picture! Did you take it with your camera phone? Oh...wait...

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG a camera phone. What is that?

    Can you hear me now?! laughing out loud...

    ReplyDelete